Thursday, March 8, 2012

You Think You Wanna Know...But You Not Ready! John 16:12-15

Frustration.  That's the word that sums up how we may feel when we are not getting answers to the questions that we have prayed for.  Of course, as I write this, I can think of many other words to describe this feeling, but we'll stick with that one. I personally have found myself BEGGING for answers.  I mean praying hard enough that it no longer sounds like prayer, it sounds like pleading.  (*Note: I'll have to ask my pastor what's the difference, and is it wrong in some way?)
Right now, for me it's THE PLAN!  I can see my hands literally shaking in frustration, "LORD WHAT IS THE PLAN?" And He's looking at me saying: "First, who do you think you are talking to?  Did you just raise your voice at ME? I know you are frustrated and all, but you better watch that tone!" :)       

And THE PLAN is everything.  From what I should be doing with my life, can I be doing more to please Him?  What about those things I've asked to be revealed to me? The blessings?  The answers to those questions I've asked.  When I read John 16:12, when Jesus was preparing the disciples...it hit me.  The verses read:

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”


What if He is simply saying, "I could tell you, but YOU'RE NOT READY! I can't give it all to you RIGHT NOW! And now that I'm typing this, I can also hear Him saying, "What do you think I'm going to do, forget?!"

The scripture says He will GUIDE YOU into truth, and TELL YOU what is YET TO COME! That means that even in my UNKNOWING,  I ALREADY KNOW, because HE KNOWS!!

That feels good!  Ok...let me stop right here because this is turning into a PART 2: Panicking on the Plan! Jump there now!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment