Thursday, March 8, 2012

Panicking on the Plan (John 16:12-15, Part 2)

STOP
If you have not already done so, read:

 "You Think You Wanna Know...But You Not Ready (John 16:12-15)
Click here 




But of course, it does not feel like that all the time, and our frustration turns in to shear panic!  We PANIC ABOUT THE PLAN!  All we think about is what's going wrong.  The little things in life start to feel like big waves.  We start to scurry around like the disciples on the Sea of Galilee, saying "Lord Jesus, WHERE ARE YOU, I'm OVERWHELMED!" The disciples began saying, "Go get Jesus! He's in the back sleeping!"  And, Jesus comes out like... "What is the big deal?"

We treat God like that don't we?  We get to the point where everything is going wrong, and we think, "God has GOT to be somewhere sleeping on the job".  I KNOW YOU SEE THESE STORMS AND WAVES ABOUT TO TAKE ME UNDER! Well..WHAT storms and waves?  Are they really there, or did you create them from all of your panicking?  I guess in the moment, the answer to that question doesn't make a difference, because all you know is that they are going to take you under.

And, God (laughing of course) responds, "If I wanted those waves to take you under, don't you think they would have you by now?  Water moves fast, ASK PHARAOH!  And is it not true that even if I let those waves engulf you, am I not the ONLY ONE who can bring you out?  Did I NOT tell you that I would NEVER LEAVE  NOR FORSAKE you?  So, why then are you treating me like I'm the slow one?  YOU SLOW!"

I'm making a vow RIGHT NOW to stop panicking about what God has planned for my life.  He said, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye" (Psalm 32:8).  And that's what I want.  I want to go in the direction that HE wants me to go in.  And when I get there, I won't have to worry about if I can do it, because He said that he is going to TEACH ME, and PLACE ME THERE!  That means if I end up doing something that He did not guide me to, I probably won't even know what do when I get there anyway!! And then I'm not going to want to see it through, because it was not for me.  BUT, Philippians 1:6 say, "He who has begun a good work in you, will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ". So let me STOP trying to guide myself with MY EYE, and let Him guide me with HIS EYE, so that not only will I:

BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE, I will KNOW MY PLACE, and I will STAY IN MY PLACE! 
*I know that last part turned into something else, but I was on a roll!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so true--we get in our own way and let our limited human experience block the TRUTH of God's word, but he is so merciful that as you said above, he probably laughs or shakes his head like, oh my poor child; if only you would stay still let me do it so you can walk on water!

    ReplyDelete