Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Severing and Saving Soul Ties


Soul ties, yet another hard issue for me to deal with on my walk, and yet another process that I am willing to be transparent about.  I'm not going to dwell too much on this, because God is telling me it's time for me to focus on what's on fire in me right now, and that's Him preparing me to have that Biblical marriage that I know He wants for me.

However, I do believe that many single women, (especially those of us who are Christian) are, or have suffered from the effects of soul ties.  So, what I did was did a few days of research on soul ties.  I'll post the websites that I visited under Pages: Soul Ties....over there to the right>>>>.  If you are reading this, and are suffering from a soul tie (either knowingly or unknowingly) I hope it helps you begin your journey of asking God to free you from those ties.

Just a quick overview of my personal story...

I've been thinking about soul ties for some time now, but never really felt the need to look into exactly what a soul ties is...until this past Saturday (March 10, 2010).  I was relaxing watching a little tv, heard a song, and BAAM!!! tears began to form in my eyes.  And I'm thinking to myself: "you have GOT to be kidding me, I am NOT sitting up here about to cry over this person...AGAIN!" At that point, I was so frustrated with MYSELF that I was FORCED to get to the root of what this is, because I cannot drop not another tear, or have not another minute of my thoughts being consumed against my own will, especially if I'm the only one in the situation suffering..NOT! I guess when you get tired enough, that's when God is about to start working with you for real...talk about "Loosed in the Fire!" So, the words "soul tie" just fell upon me, and I began researching that very day.  After researching I decided that I would need some spiritual help with this, and I called on one of the Evangelists at my church.  SHE WAS AWESOME, she was REAL, and after speaking to her, I knew that God lead me in the right direction!

What is a soul tie?

My first question was, "What exactly is a 'soul tie'?" I found out that there is actually no mention of the words soul tie in the Bible, but from what is described in the scripture (which I'll present a few in the different kinds of soul ties) is what is considered to be a soul tie.  A soul tie is when two souls are knitted together, becoming one flesh, or such things as this.  Although soul ties can form for many purposes, at the basis of soul ties is when two souls are joined together in the spiritual realm.

How do you know you are suffering from a soul tie?

Well, I knew I was suffering from a soul tie simply because I was SUFFERING!  Not by the hands of others, but by the hands of myself first, and definitely by the hands of the enemy.  I read that there are many ways you can identify if you are suffering from a soul tie.  These include allowing someone to manipulate or control you, being aware or unaware of what is going on, but for no real reason allowing it to continue.  Or, being preoccupied with someone (either from the past or present) in your mind, so that you cannot hear the Holy Spirit even if it was trying to get through to you.  Although these are only two examples, they are serious enough to cause you pain that you DO NOT have to keep suffering from!

Other symptoms include:
  • Obsessive preoccupation with another, to the neglect of the things of the Lord
  • Tendencies to be domineering and controlling in the relationship
  • *Tendencies to be passive and apathetic in the relationship (easily manipulated)
  • *Inability to truly forgive from the heart 
  • Another person's voice playing over and over in the mind like a tape-recorder
  • *Inability to bring a relationship under the godly order and control of the Holy Spirit
  • *Patterns of anger, blame, and accusations in a relationship

    *Denotes the ones that have me entangled
Basically, if there is something in you that makes you want to "keep working at it" with someone who would soon enough cause you MORE pain, than bring any JOY into you life, you can believe you are suffering from a soul tie...ASK GOD TO RELEASE YOU FROM IT...NOW!     

What are the different types of soul ties?

There are two main types of soul ties, GODLY (together in the Lord: friends, marriage partners, believes to pastors etc.) and UNGODLY (the lack of 'God-centeredness between friends, parents and children, siblings, former romantic or sexual partners, etc.).  Under these two types there are many different kinds of soul ties, but for the most part they are going to definitely fall under one of the two.  I'll list the ones that pertain to me and/or my situation so that that you can get an idea of each one.



UnGodly Soul Ties

I'm only starting with unGodly soul ties because this is what lead me to post about this, and I think between the two, women (especially single Christian) suffer from unGodly soul ties above all.  I found many forms of unGodly form ties from researching, including unhealthy relationships, soul ties with the dead, and between parents and children.  BUT, again, the one that always topped the list was unGodly soul ties that were developed through umarital sex (or fornication...which ever term convicts you most...GO WITH THAT ONE!). And, since I'm being transparent as I promised, I will admit this is how I (and most of us) found myself in this situation, and in need of serious healing and deliverance.  

To get a picture of what an unGodly soul ties looks like in this way, I saw the story of Shechem and Dinah found in Genesis 34.  Shechem "defiled her" (which I'm sure meant raped her) and after doing so, the scripture said his "soul cleaved unto Dinah, and he loved the damsel, and spake kindly unto the damsel" (v. 3).  So basically, his SOUL began to LONG FOR HER!  Not because he KNEW that this was the woman that God wanted to bless him with, or because he wanted to be her husband because God placed it on his heart, but because their sexual involvement left the two of them SPIRITUALLY ENTANGLED, an unGodly entanglement!         

Let's STOP right here. 

If you have gotten to this point, and there is NO DOUBT in your mind that you need to start this process NOW and be freed from an UNGODLY SOUL TIE, I encourage you to

CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW and begin saying this prayer NOW! 
I JUST STARTED MY DISENTANGLING PROCESS LAST NIGHT, and I'M ALREADY FEELING BETTER!  GOD is THAT GOOD!!  I know I have a LONG way to go, but just like many hard tasks in out life, getting started is the HARDEST part! 

GET YOUR HEART, MIND, and SOUL BACK RIGHT NOW in the NAME OF JESUS the GREAT RESTORER!!  






GODLY Soul Ties 

Godly soul ties are the ones that should be saved.  When you think of a Godly soul tie, think of ties that you have to your best friend.  A good example of these ties can be found in 1 Samuel between Jonathan and David. 

1 Samuel 18:1-3 (Amplified Version) 1When David had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own life. 2Saul took David that day and would not let him return to his father's house. 3Then Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own life. 4And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was on him and gave it to David, and his armor, even his sword, his bow, and his girdle.

This reminds me of my friend Minah and I.  She is in Seattle, and I'm in Chicago.  But, we talk every day, we lift each other up in adversity, we pray with and for each other, we rejoice together, and no matter what, we always know there is nothing we wouldn't do for each other.  GODLY SOUL TIE!

Of course the next Godly soul tie is that of a marriage.  Adam and Eve is the first (may not be the BEST) example of a Godly soul tie between man and woman.

Genesis 2:21-24 (Amplified Version)
  21And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam; and while he slept, He took one of his ribs or a part of his side and closed up the [place with] flesh.
    22And the rib or part of his side which the Lord God had taken from the man He built up and made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.
    23Then Adam said, This [creature] is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of a man.
    24Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall become united and cleave to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

One pastor that wrote on this summed this idea up perfectly stating that this was the "old 'leave and cleave' passage.  He went on to explain: "From the very beginning God's intention has been that the man and woman's soul ties with their parents should be broken prior to marriage. What is that?  Because few things are as destructive to a marriage as when a partner or another is still emotionally tied, and often as a result, manipulated and controlled, by a meddlesome parent.  So, interestingly enough, we see that the first Bible reference to a soul tie is an admonition to BREAK a soul tie".         

'NOUGH SAID!  I've seen it happen far too many times.  WOMEN (and MEN) PRAY THAT THE SOUL TIE BETWEEN THE PARENTS AND THE PERSON GOD HAS BLESSED YOU WITH ARE BROKEN!  Of course in my opinion if the union is a Godly one, He'll take care of that before He brings the two of you together....but prayer doesn't hurt!

So, there you have it...soul ties in a nutshell.  Of course, I only scrapped the surface of such a deep subject, but now you know what a soul tie is, you know the different kinds, you know that you do not have to keep suffering if you are bound by one, and you even have a prayer to get you started.  My personal goal in going though this process is to become even CLOSER to the Father, and to make him the focus of my life; and also to be loosed from the ties that may hinder the relationship with the person that HE has for me, so that I can have that Biblical marriage that I want and deserve, and that HE definitely wants me to have! 

MOST OF ALL, you know that the Father wants nothing more than for you to be freed and to free you of this tie that you may be suffering from, and to cleave to HIM, the only one who your soul should TRULY BE TIED TO!

May the soul tie that has caused you pain be broken.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment